Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fun outdoor games for a 4 year old girl?

I'm 14 years old and I'm babysitting a 4 year old girl 4 days a week for the whole summer. She's loves playing outside and since there's only 2 of us I don't know what we can do. They have a slip and slide but she's not interested in that. I babysit from 8-4. This is my first summer of babysitting and I just need some tips. Help?Fun outdoor games for a 4 year old girl?
When my kids were little, they loved scavenger hunts in the yard. Boxes. My husband would bring home huge boxes from work and the kids decorated them.
Salt dough-Very easy to make and after it hardens, she can paint what she creates. My kids are 10 and 13 and still love doing this.
Basic Salt Dough Recipe
Ingredients:

1 cup of fine salt
1 cup of flour
1/2 cup of water (may add more)

Instructions:

In a large bowl, combine the salt and the flour
Make a well in the salt/flour mixture and add the water
Knead until smooth and shape into a ball
When not in use, wrap in plastic or store in an airtight container

Dress up
Make overs
Have her tell you a story she makes up, you write it down and she can draw the pictures. Then she has a book she created ( my kids loved this when they were little.)
There are kinds of arts and crafts you both can do that are easy and fun.

For salt dough- I microwaved 30 seconds at a time until it hardened up. Don't cook it for long. 30 seconds, let it cool some (gets really hot), cook 30 sec. more.
Scavenger Hunt, Tag, Catch, Hide and Seek, MakeOvers, Stories in the garden? use your imagination. Think of when you were little and what you used to like playing outside hope this helpsFun outdoor games for a 4 year old girl?
You could build an adventure with your mind. (sounds childish right?) Children are very imaginative. I love playing imagination type games with my 4 year old sister and brother (they are twins)
Hide and seek, tag, catch, Come on now!Fun outdoor games for a 4 year old girl?
you could play games like twister with her outside. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment